Research - Fashion illustrator

EWELINA DYMEK

Ewelina is a self-taught illustrator from Pozna, Poland, who uses a combination of hyper-realistic pencil drawing, collage, and digital painting in her work. Ewelina's intricately illustrated fashion-led drawings give every advertisement a glamorous edge. 

Every season, she highlights main Fashion Week Couture runway looks. In her Polish studio, where she designs a variety of mixed media styling sketches for clients such as Nylon Magazine, Samsung, and Wacom, she is passionate about good design and surrounds herself with inspirational photographs.







Dymek is the perfect inspiration for my digital drawings. The reasons for that is the combination between hand and digital drawing, the types of colour that she uses in her works, the details, backgrounds and also patterns. 

I wanted to research a fashion illustrator because one of my 2D pieces is do draw an outfit digitally using my creations from others 2D pieces. This includes, include the top with my pattern and also my accessory. By looking at Dymek work, it gave me some ideas. I could do an "illustration" of every 2D piece. For example, for the piece of  cloth, which is already created, I thought about adding the top to a black page and create some background. This is just a detail to make the portfolio look more interesting visually but even in the accessory, I can for example draw a ear or a neck mixed with some kind of background so that every piece looks cohesive also with each other. 

Inspirations for the accessory creation: (how to represent it)




These are just inspirations, I might draw just the part of the body that the accessory fits and play around with the background.

Overall, this research helped me a lot, firstly because I could get to know another artist in my area which is always something positive but also Dymek made my thought about my project in a different way and develop my ideas even more. 




Reference list:

Hassell, L., (2019). 22 fashion illustration techniques. [online] Digital Arts. Available at: https://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/features/illustration/22-fashion-illustration-techniques/#21  [Accessed 13 May 2021].

Ewelina Dymek - Fine Art Illustrator | Directory of Illustration. Available from : https://www.directoryofillustration.com/artist.aspx?AID=11007 [Accessed 13/05/21].

Ewelina Dymek | Commercial, Fashion and Beauty, Portraiture and Celebrities. [Online] JSR Agency. Available from : https://www.jsragency.com/artists/ewelina-dymek [Accessed 13/05/21]

Comments

  1. This is great - it would be a great way to use the illustrative approach we took in Week 7 to develop your ideas - if you are going to use colour 'pops' in your illustration, make sure there is a good reason for them to be there, perhaps if they are part of your overall colour palette, it might also be a good idea to include a palette with your images.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts