Piece Creation

Piece of cloth with the created pattern

I decided to start my piece because I wanted to have as much time as possible to make the 3D piece. For that, I have used CorelDraw to make my technical draw and also, for the shape and detail of the piece, I have choose one of my sketches from one of the previous sessions. I decided to use elastics and incorporate the fabric around them to create a frowning (1) effect since I associate clothes with a lot of fabric accumulated in the oriental style.


Here is the final piece:

FRONT





BACK




Below are the steps for the final piece:


1.
I put my sketches on a white page so I could orient myself better and draw more perfectly on top.



 2.
Then I started tracing the piece making closed figures so that I could fill them in evenly. To do this, I used the 3-point tool


3.
I added the details to make the crimps look more realistic using the pen tool in freehand drawing.


4.
To make the design more professional, I added the stitching (2) to see where the piece could be sewn


5.
Finally, I filled the fabric with the pattern I created


6.
The last step was to give texture to the elastic so it didn't look like just another strip of fabric.



(1) Frownings - when the fabric accumulates and creates a kind of wrinkle, which gives an interesting texture to the pieces

(2) Stitching - a line or lines of thread that has been sewn in something.

Comments

  1. Excellent process, well done. There is some very good quality detail here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts