SMART Objective

My progression route is Fashion Communication and Styling and for this project I have chose the Oriental Surprise theme. My concept is Patterns, inspired by Robert Kaufman fabrics. I will be creating 4 2D pieces for this project, and this includes a pattern creation, a piece of cloth using the pattern, an outfit draw and finally an accessory creation. These will all be digital, except the 3D piece which is a shawl embroidered with the pattern created. I will order a special fabric for this and for the digital pieces, I will use Photoshop and Illustrator. In the end, I will present this in a gallery, with photos of the final 3D piece. The final piece will be aim to demonstrate my skills to embroider fabric and will be aimed to use on a daily basis, even if it is a complex embroider I will create a simple pattern but at the same time make this piece so that it can be the key element of an outfit. This project will be aimed at an age group between 28-35 years and I would like that this piece could be gender neutral since I am really interested on working for men too. I will take into account the colour and pattern trends for this season and do a research on it. I will also do some research exploring fashion, fashion styling, embroidery techniques, fashion trends, fashion illustration, accessories creators, and obviously, Robert Kaufman fabrics. 

Comments

  1. There is more you could do with this project idea in terms of the outcomes and how you present the work at the end of the term. Think about the purpose of the project, who it would be aimed at, what would it be for? If you design patterned cloth, how would you sell it? Your project last term was an interesting example of how you communicate your idea to your chosen target market and this is something you need to develop for this project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts