Project development in the real world

CREATING PATTERNS

This week I had the opportunity to explore PROCREATE in terms of patterns to create my own pattern for my major project.

Bellow I have my first tests of a patterns made digitally. This is a new thing to me because I have never done something digital instead of clothes and fashion illustrations. So, this was great to improve my digital skills.

I started by playing with symmetry and pencil choosing colours that I liked to see together.

Then, as I wanted to create a floral pattern for my shawl, I started drawing a plant illustration also using symmetry but I did not like the final result due to the mix of colours.

1st

2nd


3rd


4th


5th


Overall this was only an exercise to understand how I could create a pattern digitally. I will continue to work on this and hope that I find the right pattern without forgeting about my inspirations and theme.

Comments

  1. What do you think of these patterns? I think these are really good ideas, very simple, great use of colour combinations - there is plenty to follow up on from this post - well done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts