Self portrait - Ice breaker

In this task, I am making a self portrait in 15min.

For doing this portrait, I choose to use black ink pen, because, in my point of view, it is the most accurate material to draw. Also, I really love the effect that the ink pen brings to the drawings. The fact that each stroke is permanent is also an interesting point when drawing. 

Portrait


I started to draw the main parts of my face with the ink pen with not much intensity. Then, I started to intensify the shadows and the lights. I have use a techniqeu where I cross the strokes to do the shadows and give the draw mora intensity and dramatism.

Doing this portrait, I was inspired by a fashion illustrator called by Doriana Pope. 

Doriana Pope is a Moldovan fashion illustrator and also a tattoo artist.

Here is one of her portraits:


Doriana drawings are very versatile. She can draw humans, nature landscapes and she loves to draw mostly animals.

In her drawings, she used to use ink pen or watercolors. This women really inspired my because of the simplicity of her drawings. The fact that she only uses one material to draw and let this magical portraits happen really fascinates me. There is also something dramatic and painfull in her drawings, that is very charasteristic, and gives so much personality to her job.


Reference:

Doriana Popa Artist (16/12/2020), "Portfolio" available from: https://www.peopleperhour.com/freelancer/design/doriana-popa-artist-zyqjjjw

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts