Project ideas and plan

Name: Bruna Chorincas

Major Project Title: Fragance

Progression Route: Fashion Communication and Styling



Describe your major project objective using the SMART acronym


In this Art portfolio project, I will be creating a sequence of six photos, I will use myself as the model and use mainly purple since my theme is Purple Haze. My concept is Fragrance, and for that I will use lavender as clothes and accessories. I will use my own camera, tripod, and ring light to take the pictures at home trying to create a studio. As for the programs, after taking the pictures I will be using photoshop to fix any light or imperfections and maybe a programme to present the final pictures in a different way, by a gif or presentation. Before taking the final pictures, I will make a test at home for testing the light and the best place for the background. I will use plain clothes and brighten these with an accent colour of accessories that will be pale and will use the lavender as an accent colour - lavender will be used in the shoot.


Why have you chosen to do this project?


First, the theme of purple haze was the one that most inspired me for this project. Through my life, I always had contact with lavender and its fragrance is very familiar to me so I thought that this plant could be a good element for my project. Also, purple has been a trend for the past seasons, and it will continue to be.


Who are you researching for this project? Please list at least three artists and/or designers and you additional research on your concept


Artists/designers/brands:

· Hot jeans

· Erin Walsh

· Jacquemus lavender collection


Concept:

· Lavender

· Fashion trends


Techniques:

· Kid Richards (photographer)


What techniques/skills are you developing/learning for this project?


The main technique I am going to develop is the photoshoot part because this is something I have never done before. I am going to make a photoshoot at home, and this is a big challenge because it requires so much careful in terms of light and background. Also, due to this project, I have read a book about styling and have learn a few things about this area that I did not knew. With this project, I pretend to improve my research in my theme, concept and artists so that my project can be completer and more credible.


What do you expect the final outcome of the project to be?


The outcome of my project will be a six photos sequence. The final photos are not supposed to be just photos, it will be added titles and main points, words, or slogans so that it will be clear what I am selling in the photos.

In the photos, I will be selling my sense of fashion when dressing this colour and I will use lavender as a complement for the photos and concept


What have you completed so far for this project?


So far, I have developed my ideas, choose my theme and concept and done two of my six research. My plan now is to start my tests in photography and think about the photos editing and titles/slogans.



What do you think will be the issues/drawbacks to the project?


The biggest issue will be the photoshoot itself. But also, I think the part of researching is always a challenge for me, I have been improving on this, but this is always a part that scares me a bit. Finally, the creation of the outfits will be a hard step because I will have to chose and match the pieces and accessories in the best way and my idea is not to have many elements in the photos because the point here is to highlight the purple and the lavender.



What is your timescale considering that this has to be completed by Week 10?


Week Three: Research on photography, theme, and stylist

Week Four: Testing outfits and accessories, research about my concept

Week Five: Testing background and light (test photos), research in jacquemus collection

Week Six: Research about the fashion trends

Week Seven: Photoshoot, editing the photos and permission to use the model image

Week Eight: Add titles/slogans to the photos

Week Nine: Reflection



What resources or materials will you need for this project?


For this project I will need:

· Google

· Photoshop

· Sony Camera

· Ring light

· Tripod

· Lavender

· Clothes



Draw a picture/Write a sentence/sketch a story/write a dialogue that captures the essence of your project 

"Our Fragrance is our most important acessory."

In this sentence I am trying to evidence my concept.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts